Sunday, January 20, 2013

Silver Lining

On Saturday a group of 15 of us met up at LASP, took a bus to San Jose, and walked to the bus stop place for San Jose to Playa Jaco. We got there a little bit too late so we had to get tickets for the Bus that was coming in like 30 or 40 minutes. The bus was pretty nice and I sat with the other Kyle in our group.. we both had our cheap blue sunglasses that we got for free in different places... coincidence? Probably..

The bus ride was like 2.5 hours and once we got there, we bought our tickets for the return at 4:45. We made our way to the beach which was about a 10~ minute walk, got sun screen on, and did beach stuff. Just to paint the picture, I'm pretty sure I was the only one in tennis shoes (I forgot my flip flops at the house) and I had jeans on over my bathing suit because I didn't break any khaki shorts and I wouldn't want to carry my wallet in athletic shorts since the pockets are all loosey goosey. As someone that really dislikes cold water, I can say with certainty that the water is an awesome temperature. Cold enough that I'm cooler by getting in the water, but warm enough that I wasn't ever shivering. We spent most of the time trying to like.. "body ride" the waves in? It was fun and I got a lot of salt water down my nose and throat and learned that I am bad at body surfing.

A group of like 4 went to get lunch so I grabbed my tennis shoes, towel, shirt, and wallet and caught up to them. We found a little restaurant and had some pretty good food. I got a banana milk shake.. too bad the glass was pretty small :(. On our way back to the beach, I took of my shirt and tennis shoes and then realized that I didn't have my wallet. I had just payed 5 minutes ago, so I quickly speed walked back the way I came. As I was walking I noticed a guy with a reflective vest, pony tail, and hat holding something that looked like it could be my wallet, I tried to see if he would make eye contact with me as I walked by towards the restaurant, but he didn't. I doubted it was in the restaurant and was pretty sure it dropped when I took off my shirt (since I didn't have pockets, I think I had my wallet wrapped in my towel). It wasn't at the restaurant and they seemed to genuinely have not seen it so I decided I was going to look for the pony tail guy. I was struggling to find him so I went up to a security guy and explained I'd lost my wallet.. as we were talking I saw pony tail guy walking towards us and we met up- it was pretty quickly obvious that he had found it and he told me in english that he gave it to the police (The area that I was at was kinda semi crowded and had a DJ table with music playing and a sea-side restaurant and stuff.. and there was a small police station too). A few moments later I heard the DJ guy looking for a Kyal Logan and I had my wallet handed to me. I looked in it and everything was there minus $20~ worth of Colones (Costa Rican currency). My debit and credit card, license, and insurance were all still there. That's my silver lining... if I had lost permanently lost my credit/debit, it would have been a huggeee pain to deal with.. canceling cards and not being able to withdraw money from ATMs.

ANYWAY.. we played in the ocean for a while more and then at like 4:25 we started getting ready to go back.. except we were missing 4 people that had left to go find a place to play beach volleyball while my group was eating... We decided that we would take their stuff to the bus station because we weren't about to wait on the beach any longer for them (the bus boards at 4:30). When we got to the bus place, I asked the guy who was taking the tickets how long we had.. he said 8 minutes. So we had 4 peoples things and had no way to contact them and we didnt know whether we should take their stuff on the bus with us or try to find some place to leave it or have someone stay behind or what! Well in the nick of time they showed up and we got on the bus and made it home safe. The end.

It was a good day, I didn't get burned, I didn't have my credit/debit cards stolen, and I got to swim in the ocean.

Oh yeah, and today (Sunday), I chilled at home and did some personal devo. time and then went to a Reza Del Nino (Prayer of the Child?) service at the Catholic church with my tica mama. I'm ready to go to a church that will have the lyrics somewhere for me to read because I just can not follow them by ear.

That's all for now.. peace

No comments:

Post a Comment